Thursday 7 November 2013

It's taken ages to do this...

So it's been quite some time since we updated our sad neglected blog, since we last posted here has been much sunshine, many fairs attended, some good some terrible some new discoveries, Shepton Mallet for example being wonderful, buyers had spectacular taste, were very engaging and friendly, Hop farm in Kent being quite the opposite. Customers were apparently not invited, it was terribly organised and one left feeling completely ripped off and quite certain of never dealing with that particular company again.
There have been many birthdays, much cake, rum and beer consumed and in equal measure much hard work. We've been making, designing rummaging, buying and repurposing until we've run out of space to store things, my tiny little home looks like Steptoe is squatting there (and yesterday I purchased four more wing back armchairs)! It really is a disease I just can't stop myself, and amongst all the piles of furniture I find myself feeling quite lost, there's not a mad panic or surge of adrenaline when I walk downstairs and see it all, because for the first time in months it'll be two whole weeks in between events. I've grown accustomed to phoning the husband on the way home from a fair and saying things like 'how fast can you strip that armchair?' as recently we've been back out the door again within a couple of days for the next one.
So between now and our next event which is in Detling at the Kent event Centre on the 26th and 27th of October , I'll be upholstering a few large items (I appear to be collecting two seater sofas at the moment) making some fabulous Christmas decorations and batch cooking so I can tuck into homemade soups and stews whilst standing in a freezing cold field over the next few months.  Lord Rust who is a creative genius has had a stupendous idea using plumbing pipes as an interior accessory- can't wait to see the results, and is as always on the search for unusual treasures.


Well Lord Rust taking over this post. Lady Norfolk has saved it a few times so far but never got round to finishing it. I didn't get round to using the pipes yet but you never know what's around the corner.
The sparrow hawk came to stay with us for a while His name is Steve He got a little chill so we had to give him a scarf. He's back with his previous foster parent now he couldn't take the abuse thrown at him in the fields full of treasure.
Baby parts were the big thing for a while. Most have been re-homed now they even decorated a Christmas tree for a while. I do try to keep the stock different from other dealers. I can't wait to see the box of bath taps that I bought blind last week thinking I'll risk a tenner and hopefully be able to make something out of them. Watch this space.
We've had some fun times at the fairs with our buddies Mr & Mrs Pork Pie (rosieswnt) I think they look up to us as they've now joined in with the orange gay ze bo trend. Today Kempton tomorrow the world. That reminds me Lady N purchased her own gay ze bo a couple of weeks ago we now trade at the fairs from a 5x5m orange tent of goodness. You can't miss us. Another of our friends from the big city (find him https://twitter.com/SawdustCaesers) is thinking of joining in too. He's a good lad with a good eye for stock I do wonder why he drags a Rabbi around with him.
As always our stock changes before we even get time to photograph it and load it here, also my lens has broken on my camera and I can't afford another just yet.

The other big news is that Lady Norfolk has spread her wings and is now trading from Carley's Yard in Framlingham. We took a van full of stock over today and it looks fabulous. I'm sure that the awsome tweed armchair thats in the reception area of the building will be sold before the weekend is out. CarleysYard
I might be going on a few road trips buying over the next few weeks. If you know of anywhere I should go just get in touch. Andycrashhussey

I told you it was good didn't I.

Oh and the next fairs we are doing are Kempton 12th November and then Lady N is doing St Peters Street market in Ipswich 17th November.

No comments:

Post a Comment